If you are a gamer and in search of the answer to the question “how to find the best budget Gaming Mouse? – Gaming Mice are a bare essential for most gamers, but getting the right one can be extremely tricky. With thousands of options on the market and dozens of different gaming mouse brands offering different series of mice, it may be difficult for the average consumer to get one that is worth buying. This guide will solve the riddle in finding the answer to the question.
For removing this confusion, leopardots has conducted research to simplify this process and get you the best budget gaming mouse on the market that best matches your budget and other priorities.
Best Budget Gaming Mouse 2018
1. SteelSeries Rival 310 Gaming Mouse | Gaming Mouse for MMOs, MOBAs and Shooters
The first mouse on the list of a best budget gaming mouse is Steelseries’ 310 gaming mouse, an RGB lighting mouse that is exceptionally good-looking, is comfortable and designed for durability. This mouse is the landmark mouse that sets the tone for a gaming mouse.
Feature-wise, this mouse is well-versed. Equipped with all modern gamer’s needs along with tons of physical features for comfort and overall appeal, it features.
Fast Speed Features
- An ultra-fast TrueMove3 powered*, 12,000 CPI (Counts per Inch) Optical Sensor which allows it to glide across the screen quickly and accurately.
- Split-trigger buttons (left and right buttons) with a guarantee of 50 Million Click Delivery
- Multi-color two-zone PRISM RGB lighting which is subject to user customizability
- Ergonomic**; shaped to fit the hand and provide a smooth gaming experience with reduced stress on wrists, and palms.
- Lightweight and durable material construction that allows the user to form natural and vivid movements.
*TrueMove3 Sensor is an ultra-low-latency and rapid-response tracking sensor that is capable of delivering extremely natural and accurate mouse movements; this sensor has been tried and tested for all sorts of games from Shooters to MOBA and everything in between.
**Ergonomic design is comfortable for right-hand users and has a balance in grip, speed, weight and has a very solid feel throughout the mouse’ lifetime.
- For an everyday gamer that wants to grind for hours upon hours, the lightweight construction and the comfortable grip and design will allow them to achieve just that, but with a minimized strain on your hands.
- Tactile top and an extensive textured rubber, grippy feel that makes it one of the best MMO gaming mouse 2018 and one of the best FPS gaming mouse 2018.
- All in all, the mouse is relatively cheap, with an MSRP of $60, this is a rather cheap gaming mouse all the while being a good gaming mouse.
- The Steel Series 310 is a Wired Gaming Mouse and has ultra-low response time
- On the go button remapping option (along with RGB) to make quick changes to configurations in case of LAN events.
- Non-adjustable weights. While the mouse weighs just 88 grams, it may be uncomfortable for some gamers that want some weight on their hands while playing. It’s well-built but light.
- Not ambidextrous. Only for right-handed gamers which is quite common.
SteelSeries 310 is the perfect best budget gaming mouse for all types of gamers, whether they want to go for some casual gaming, are avid gamers or even for esports. It’s well priced and can be considered a cheap gaming mouse, is well-built and great for all sorts of games including MOBAs.
2. Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Gaming Mouse | Best Budget Gaming Mouse For FPS 2018
If you’re looking for a great overall mouse that shines especially bright in FPS games, then the Logitech G402 is the best budget gaming mouse for you. This tried (and tested) mouse features an amazing optical engine, very little report rate, and an amazing design that enables people to grip it comfortably.
The mouse is also relatively well-weighted (subjective) and has multiple extra modifiable buttons and profile options along with it.
Feature-wise, this mouse is well-versed. Equipped with all modern gamer’s needs along with tons of physical features for comfort and overall appeal, it features:
Features Offering By Logitech
- Logitech’s claimed fastest gaming mouse with Fusion engine* technology and a small 1MS report rate that allows speeds of up to 420 IPS.
- 8 programmable and customizable buttons that can be programmed using the Logitech utility software to a series of macros.
- Amazing tracking speed with a 32-bit ARM processor**.
- Weight is optimal, not on the light side by definitely weighs enough for a smooth experience.
*Fusion Engine and the Delta Zero Sensor gives reliance when it comes to tracking and allows powerful swipes that can be as much as 420 IPS (inches per second) and allows millisecond report rates
**Logitech’s Hyperion Fury has an onboard processor chip that powers the Fusion Engine and allows it to reach speeds that it does.
- Very comfortable for large/medium handed people with a textured grip on the side and a satisfying rubber feel.
- Clicky button and accurate response times from the mouse.
- Effective and powerful design.
- Inherently Optimized for FPS games; great for all genres.
- Non-adjustable weights.
- Lack of braided cable.
- Cable interference with click at certain angles (non-issue).
The G402 best budget gaming mouse is an FPS player’s best friend; with ultra-fast response times, customizability, macro buttons, and a shape / size to fit the hand well, this mouse is definitely a gamer’s go-to for First Person Shooters, or any other genre.
3. Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse | Best customizable gaming mouse for all-in-one gaming 2018
The elder brother of the G402 Hyperion Fury, G502 Proteus Core best budget gaming mouse deserve the title of being the better mouse when compared side-by-side and with many competing mice as well. The best part about this mouse is that it’s extremely customizable, has powerful software (and hardware) support and has the features that the G402 lacks at a slightly higher price.
If you want a mouse that has RGB, a superior design, more customizability and a very accurate sensor (among tons of other knick-knacks) then the g502 is the mouse for you.
- Advanced optical gaming sensor (PMW3366): Logitech’s most accurate and responsive optical sensor precisely translates hand movements onscreen.
- Tunable weight and balance: Repositionable 3.6G weights for superior fit and feel.
- RGB customizable lighting: Match your style and environment with up to 16.8 million colors.
- Easy-to-program Logitech Gaming Software: Customize lighting, surface tuning, button macros and more.
- Customizable controls: 11 programmable buttons and adjustable hyper-fast scroll wheel for fast, accurate maneuvers.
- Responsiveness USB data format 16 bits/axis, USB report rate 1000 Hz (1ms), Microprocessor 32-bit ARM.
Our review of G502 Proteus core is simple; it’s a quality product that is durable, customizable and accurate. We’ve tested this mouse against several games –CS: GO, DOTA 2, LOL, COD: WW2, GTA V, etc.- and we’ve seen consistent results, and they’ve all reassured us of this mouse’s accuracy and quality.
The drop tests
We’ve also done several drop tests in case that our gamer audience ever decides to smash it against their desks. The results: It’s durable; after several hard hits against a hardwood table, it hardly felt anything with no wobbly or loose parts.
- Customizability with adjustable weights.
- Great Software Support.
- Powerful design made for adept gamers of all genres.
- Approved for gamer’s rage.
- Great for MOBAs and FPS alike (among all other genres).
- RGB with 16+ Million colors.
- Slightly higher priced compared to the G402 with almost similar real-world performance.
We’re absolutely impressed with this best budget gaming mouse’s quality’ and durability. It’s a gamer’s best friend for years to come, even if you’re getting into a hissy fit now and again.
4. Logitech G603 LIGHTSPEED WIRELESS Gaming Mouse | Great wireless Gaming Mouse 2018
Logitech has pushed this best budget gaming mouse into the market with the intention of bringing wireless to the mainstream. Unlike many other competitors that provide wireless mouse solutions, Logitech’s design focuses more on performance, innovation and new ideas instead of providing knick knacks and doodads here and there. They simply provide quality over accessorizing their mice with the non-essentials.
The G603 LIGHTSPEED WIRELESS gaming Mouse is no exception, with speeds matching their wired mouse lineups and a processor, sensor, and design to compete with the best on the market, their WIRELESS gaming mouse takes the game when it comes to accuracy, precision, and durability.
Design And Features
- Next-gen HERO optical sensor for unrivaled performance and power efficiency delivering 500 hours of non-stop gaming.
- Advanced LIGHTSPEED wireless technology for super-fast 1 MS response time and faster than wired performance.
- Connect to multiple devices using either LIGHTSPEED or Bluetooth and easily switch between the two with a push of a button.
- Built for comfort with an ergonomically-designed, lightweight, contoured body. Adjust weight by using one or two batteries.
- 6 programmable buttons and onboard memory to store your favorite settings. Works with PC, Mac, tablets with Android and iOS.
Logitech claims that the HERO Optical Sensor is able to boast a record efficiency of 10X that of the previous generation and is marketed as their “next-gen” sensor.
The reason why we HAD to have this gaming mouse in our list was because of the battery life the company boast it can provide; with 500 hours of non-stop gaming on a single charge, a lightning fast 1 ms response time –this is comparable to their wired mouse collection- and a comfortable grip with a lightweight body, it’s durable, easy to hold and amazing to game with.
- Powerful next-gen sensor with 1 MS response time.
- 500 hours on a single charge.
- Ergonomic, lightweight and made for gamers.
- Programmable buttons.
- Connectivity issues due to interference issues sometimes (non-issue).
- Surface tracking issues at times.
While the G603 is on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to price; if you’re a fan of going wireless without losing much of the performance (if at all) then this mouse is the one for you. Great for shooters, MOBAs, 3rd person games and more.
5. ASUS ROG Gladius Gaming Mouse | Best Budget Gaming Mouse 2018
ASUS is a giant in the gaming market; from their high-quality PC hardware to their high-quality PC peripheral market, they’re dominating their niche. Whatever the case may be, if you believe that ASUS Mice are as reliable as some other mice manufacturers or not, there is no doubt about their quality and reliability. This one is also a best budget gaming mouse.
The ROG Gladius best budget Gaming Mouse series is not budget-oriented, it’s a relatively premium product that has the ASUS-brand quality seal on it. The box itself comes with a few ASUS stickers, a carrying case, extra wires and a few knick-knacks that are used for the mouse. The best thing about this device is that they paid a lot of attention to detail, it’s a very visually pleasing mouse that has a sleek look in the iconic ASUS Red color.
ROG Gladius Features
Here are the overview features of the ROG Gladius Gaming Mouse:
- Ergonomically-designed for all right-handed grip types – ideal for FPS games.
- Exclusive socket design for easy switch upgrades; includes 2 additional Japanese-made Omron switches.
- Separate left and right buttons; with 2 specially-engineered, programmable ‘slide-to-press’ buttons.
- Detachable cable and ROG travel pouch for storage and transport.
- Built-in flash memory to save your favorite profile.
- Exclusive ROG Armory interface where you can program buttons, performance settings, lighting effects, and surface calibration.
- Japanese-made switches.
- Comes with a carry pouch.
- High-quality build quality.
- Replaceable and removable cord (comes with an extra).
- Comes with extra switches.
- Comes with extra glide feet.
- Relatively expensive.
- Fewer Macro Switches.
- Double-click issues by some users.
The Asus ROG Gladius Gaming Mouse is a premium product that is created to satisfy FPS gamers. Though it’s great for most genres, if you play games like CS: GO, COD, BF or even PUBG, the mouse will be the most optimal for.
While there are other options available on the market which cost close to the same as this mouse but have more Macros (if that’s what you’re after for MOBAs, RPGs, etc.), but performance wise, this mouse can compete with any name brand.
6. Ajazz GT RGB Backlit Wired Mouse | Ergonomic Budget Gaming Mouse for MOBAs and daily use 2018
While the market is dominated by big brands such as Logitech, Razer, Asus, Steelseries etc. There are the little guys that want to bring quality mice to gamers on a lower budget so you can say this one is also a best budget gaming mouse.
Ajazz is one of those Chinese-backed companies that has created an affordable, yet relatively nice quality mouse that is not only ergonomic and designed for daily use and for gaming, but also has 9 programmable buttons that can come in handy when playing RPGs, MOBAs and more.
Here are some of the features of this best budget gaming mouse:
- Gaming mouse with 9 programmable buttons, can be set functions and macro through the professional software. Special trigger key design. Dpi directly reduced to a minimum or page down in different default MOBA/office/fps modes. High-accuracy optical sensor and adjustable polling rate allow you to do quick and high precision operations. It will become your trusted partner.
- Ergonomic streamline modeling, the symmetric design on both sides, moderate size and weight, fits naturally in your hand. Top-level UV coating technics endowed the mouse with long-lasting soft surface and side face touch. The mouse will provide you the comfort and delighted using experience all the time.
- RGB Back Lit with colorful RGB lighting zones from a spectrum of over 16.8 million colors, dpi buttons to change the default light modes. Choose the color you like freely through the professional software, bring you wonderful visual experience and fun.
- Compatibility6 level default dpi, 500/1000/1500/2000/3000/4000. Just plug and play, perfect for playing games, official using and daily using. Compatible with Windows XP 7/8/10 mac os Linux.
Here is the best part
This best budget gaming mouse has a lot of features for a Chinese-backed mouse. The best part about this mouse it has a 2 Years warranty and a 30 days money-back guarantee. This is evidence enough for the mouse’s quality. However, we’re not sure if anyone will claim a warranty for a 20 dollar mouse 1 year after purchase even if something goes wrong.
Whatever the case is, it’s a great mouse for the price, has ergonomics on its side, tons of customizability and to top it all off, RGB.
- Great Price.
- 2 Year Warranty and 30-days money back guarantee.
- Customizable RGB Backlighting.
- 9 customizable buttons through software.
- No guarantees of optical sensor precision & accuracy.
- Relatively cheaper feeling.
- Lack of even weight distribution.
Conclusively, if you’re looking for a mouse to last you at least the next year with a load of features and tons of customizability options along with ergonomics, the Ajazz Backlit gaming mouse is the one for you.
7. Logitech G703 LIGHTSPEED GAMING MOUSE | Gaming Mouse with Wireless charging and ergonomics 2018
Logitech’s G603 wireless best budget gaming mouse is a typical wireless gaming mouse. However, their G703 is in a league of its own. A wireless charging system (that is bought separately), allows it to get charged while it’s being used and an ergonomic design with an ultra-low response time which matches that of the companies wired products, this wireless mouse is focused towards gamers plain and simple.
Here are the features of the G703 Wireless Gaming Mouse with Wireless Charging:
- LIGHTSPEED Wireless Technology: In high-pressure moments, latency can be the difference between winning it all or losing. With millions on the line, esports professionals around the world depend on LIGHTSPEED wireless technology.
- PMW3366 Gaming Optical Sensor: Widely regarded by esports professionals and gaming enthusiasts as the best gaming mouse sensor on the market, PMW3366 has zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration across the entire DPI range (200-12,000DPI).
- Ergonomically Designed Body: With a lightweight (107g), ergonomically designed body, G703 was made to mold to your hand for long-lasting comfort during gameplay. Rubber grips on the left and right sides give you added control.
- Works with POWERPLAY Wireless Charging System: Add POWERPLAY, the world’s first and only wireless gaming mouse charging system, to keep G703 (and G903) charged while at play and at rest.
- Advanced Button Tensioning: Advanced button tensioning uses metal springs to help keep the left and right mouse buttons primed to click, reducing the force needed to click and delivering exceptional click feel, response, and consistency.
- Wired or Wireless: Plug in the data and charging cable to seamlessly switch between wireless and wired modes without interrupting your game. Use the included USB adapter to keep your LIGHTSPEED USB transceiver nearby to quickly switch between wired and wireless modes.
- Customizable Brilliant RGB: Choose from a palette of up to 16.8 million colors and brightness levels to match your favorite team, personal style, system or environment.
- 6 Programmable Buttons: Use Logitech Gaming Software to configure the 6 programmable buttons to sequences of clicks and keystrokes to simplify in-game actions and quickly execute complex tasks.
- High-quality build.
- Ergonomic design.
- Designed for gamers.
- Low response time.
- Performance comparable to Logitech’s own higher-end wireless mice.
- Detachable braided USB cord.
- 6 Programmable buttons.
- 200 – 12,000 DPI.
- Wireless charging station has to be bought separately.
- Higher-end pricing.
If you want to spend a pretty penny on one of the world’s best wireless mice by Logitech, then the G703 is a great option. The optional wireless charging pad, even though expensive, allows you to play indefinitely without worrying about having to charge your mouse. Overall, the mouse’s performance is comparable to any of the high-end wired mice on the market and its wireless prowess is equally as great.
8. SteelSeries Rival 700 Gaming Mouse WITH OLED Display | Innovative Gaming Mouse 2018
SteelSeries is a giant in the gaming mouse world and for good reason; their mice are high-quality, powerful and perform well. For gamers, they provide all the necessary doodads while often cutting down on the decorations. So it also in the list of the best budget gaming mouse.
However, with their RIVAL 700 Gaming mouse, that has changed. The mouse actually comes with an OLED display on the front end that gives some swagger alerts and will definitely bump up your sauce levels in the game.
The best thing which we’ve actually liked was the tactile alerts. For instance, if you’re playing MOBAs and FP Shooters, you the mouse will give you an alert after certain actions on the screen which will allow gamers to train their responses accordingly.
Here are some of the features the Rival 700 has:
- Vivid onboard OLED display.
- Tactile alerts let you feel the game.
- Ergonomics built for every grip style.
- Prism RGB illumination.CPI 100 to 16,000.
- Modular cables, top covers, and sensors.
This mouse is designed for gamers who want pin-point customizability, as well as a very ergonomic and comfortable design that allows all sorts of grip styles. SteelSeries has outdone itself with this mouse and for gamers that were swag out of their hardware as well as functionality, this mouse is definitely up there.
- Tactile alert ability.
- Not a lot of macro button.
A great mouse which is well-priced, accurate and focuses on gamers of all kinds. With RGB, tactile feedback and an ergonomic design, it is any gamer’s go-to when it comes to swag points and functionality.
9. Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition Mercury Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse Gaming Mouse with High Durability
Razer is one of the giants when it comes to PC peripherals; not only do they boast quality products, but also a product that is visually pleasing and well-performing.
Razer Lancehead Mercury Edition is another example of how Razer enables customers with a great product that is designed for both lefties and righties. Some of the reasons are explained here which brought this one to the list of a best budget gaming mouse.
Here are some of the features of the Razer Lancehead Mercury Edition Gaming Mouse:
- With 16,000 DPI and true tracking at 450 Inches Per Second (IPS), the Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition gives you the absolute advantage of having the fastest sensor in the world.
- Co-designed and produced with the leading global mouse switch supplier, Omron, the new switches are optimized for the fastest response times and extended durability for up to 50 million clicks.
Here is the catch
- Hybrid on-board and cloud memory to give you absolute flexibility, the Razer Lancehead is powered by Razer Synapse Pro Beta so you can save your settings directly onto the mouse and the cloud; rubber side grips.
- The ambidextrous form factor for both left- and right-handed gameplay. Whether you’re left- or right-handed, you can trust the Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition to feel perfect in your hand every time.
- Razer Mercury Edition allows you to fully customize your gaming experience by allowing you to choose the color path that best fits your preferences so you can stand out in style.
IF you’re looking for a whole white setup, Razer also has a mercury edition headphones, keyboard and mousepad.
- Durable, high-quality materials.
- Fast response time.
- RGB with 16.7 M colors.
- Beautiful and modern design.
- Relatively higher priced compared to similar products.
10. NPET M20 RGB Gaming Mouse | Best Budget Gaming Mouse 2018
NPET isn’t a company that has made headlines in the PC peripheral world. However, it is a company that provides extremely budget-oriented gaming mice with gamer-loved features such as RGB and nice optical / laser sensors. So if we say it straight that this one is a best budget gaming mouse, it would not be the wrong statement about this one.
The M20 is ergonomic, ambidextrous, customizable and a great performer; especially for the price.
Design And Features
Here are some of the features of the NPET M20 RGB gaming mouse:
- Professional Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse – Comfortable, ergonomic, a lightweight mouse with unique non-slip particle and thumb rest design for great handing-feeling and stress-free use. You can enjoy a wonderful clicking experience without disturbing others. It is an optimal choice in the office, library, and dormitory or wherever you like.
- 6 Button Customizable Button -Professional Gaming Sensor AWG A3050, 20gacceleration. 6 mouse buttons can be programmed by installing software which makes the mouse more intelligent and meets more demands for different games.
- Powerful Mouse Function – DPI Upgrade to 4000DPI, 4 DPI Levels: 1000DPI (Red) / 2000DPI (Green) / 3000DPI (Blue) / 4000DPI (Yellow), you can change the light by driver (Not suitable for IOS system). Up to 1000Hz makes it faster and more accurate than an ordinary mouse. And you can switch the polling rate from 125Hz to 1000Hz for your preference.
- Chroma Enabled RGB Ergonomic Gaming Mouse -Chroma lighting with 16 million customizable color options to much your gaming style. Mouse’ back have shortcut mode switch button, 3 different modes, turn off the backlit/turn on DPI backlit/turn on breathing backlit mode. Back button + wheel button to switch 11 kinds of lighting status. Automatically enter sleeping mode 10 minutes without operation and backlights off, energy saving.
- Nice quality.
- Very low price.
- Customizable buttons.
- Not very long lasting.
- Relatively low DPI.
- Inexpensive feeling plastic.
If you’re looking for a mouse that will last you at least a year and will provide relatively nice quality for under $20, then the M20 is the one for you.
11. Razer Basilisk RGB Gaming Mouse Comfortable Gaming Mouse 2018
Razer is known for its nice designs and customer satisfaction. The Razer Basilisk is a chroma enabled RGP gaming mouse which is focused towards FPS gamers. With the ability to get a comfortable grip and wheel resistance, this device is aimed at ergonomics and comfort.
Here are the features this device has:
- The Basilisk is designed with FPS gamers in mind with an ergonomic design, removable DPI clutch, and customizable scroll wheel
- The Razer Basilisk is equipped with a 16,000dpi optical sensor, It is capable of mouse movement speeds of up to 450 inches per second with 99.4% resolution accuracy
- Gaming-optimized Razer mechanical mouse switches – durable up to 50 million clicks. DPI buttons at your fingertips and Razer Chroma customizable lighting
Play in fast or low speed
- Whether you are playing at fast or low speeds, the Basilisk will always respond onscreen with exacting accuracy and the organic fluidity only possible with an optical sensor
- Chroma lighting with 16.8 million customizable color options Whether you’re in the mood for electric blue, pastel pink, or signature Razer green, you can now illuminate your Razer Basilisk’s scroll wheel and Razer logo just the way you wan.
How to choose a Best budget Gaming Mouse that suits you
Getting a gaming mouse isn’t, at all, looking at the price tag and getting the most expensive one you can buy. It’s about a slew of things that can ultimately affect the overall experience you have with your new gaming mouse.
The biggest factors that affect which gaming mouse you should buy
- Type of games you play
- Your hand size
- Are you a leftie or a righty?
- DO you need RGB?
- Are you on a budget?
- Do you need more customizable buttons?
- Wireless or wired?
Types of games you play
While all mice can play all sorts of games, some mice are actually designed to play a certain game better; meaning, having a specific mouse for a specific game will give you a slighter advantage over having a mouse not designed for it (a lot of mice are perfect for all sorts of games).
For instance, the G402 Hyperion Fury is designed for FPS games; since it has a sensor that is specially designed for FPS gaming. Though it does not, at all, mean that it won’t be able to perform amazingly with MOBA games, it’ll just give you an advantage for FPS games.
If you’re an RPG or MOBA player, getting a mouse with durability, tactile buttons and more macro keys may be more important.
Your hand size
Your hand size is the ultimate decider between mice. IF you have a larger hand size, getting smaller mice will be extremely uncomfortable and you may have to actually switch up your grip style to adjust, which can be bad for a gamer who’s looking to dominate.
If you have a smaller hand size, you may want to go with mice that will be more suited towards you, so you don’t have to switch up your grip.
Most mice are actually suited for most hand sizes, though there are exceptions.
Are you a leftie or a righty?
If you’re a leftie, getting an ambidextrous mouse will not only be better for you gaming experience but also better for your wallet. Considering the fact that most companies don’t make their money back from left-handed mouse production, any mice they have on-hand will be more expensive a lot of the time.
For right-handed people, getting a right-handed or an ambidextrous mouse is a great option.
DO you need RGB?
RGB lighting is a non-essential add-on which a lot of people prefer having just for the looks. However, it has become something which is no longer an option. Since if you’re paying $40, $50 dollars for a mouse, you’re going to get RGB with it regardless.
Even today, many mice that cost under $25 come with RGB built-in. It’s a gimmick and a market strategy to sell their product regardless of the price of the product.
There is also a difference between customizable RGB lighting and static RGB lighting. Most mice that cost over $40 – 50 will come with 16.7 million colors customizable RGB lighting.
There is no doubt that RGB helps customize a build and help make it truly a users’.
Are you on a budget?
IF you’re on a budget, getting a wired mouse is a better option since there will be more options available and will cost less compared to wireless options. You can also test out non-name brands with their mice if you’re on a very tight budget.
Do you need customizable buttons?
Having macro buttons on your mouse may be the advantage you need which can help you dominate your game. However, the question is there whether or not it’s essential. For the most part, the feature depends on which kind of game you’re playing. Let’s say you play a MOBA such as League of Legends or DOTA 2; in these games, having buttons that you can press in an instant and conveniently from your one hand can mean the difference between winning or losing.
At the same time, if you play a First Person Shooter, you will most likely not need the extra buttons.
The best way to decide whether you should go for the mouse-based off of just the macro buttons is to know which sort of games you play.
Wireless or Wired?
If you asked this question a few years ago, you would get an instant response saying Wired is the better option. However, times have changed and with mice, wireless is starting to compete with Wired.
Advantages of Wireless Mice
- Modern wireless gaming mice are just as good as their wired counterparts in terms of response times.
- An added benefit of the lack of wire hurdles.
- More freedom of movement.
- Cleaner setups.
Disadvantages of Wireless Mice
- Battery life. While there are mice that have very long battery lives, it’s still an issue that comes with wireless.
- Interference from other sources that can affect mice at times.
The G703, G903, G603 are great examples of Wireless mice which not only have a good price but are also amazing performers.
Advantages of Wired Mice
- More options available
- Lack of interference from sources
- No battery life issues
Disadvantages of Wired Mice
- Dealing about cables.
- Lack of inherent connectivity with mobile devices such as phones and tablets.
At the end of the day, it really depends on whether or not you want to go wireless or not. They will usually cost extra over wired options, but good wireless mice are worth it, especially for gamers who are looking for a cleaner setup and more freedom of movement.
Did you like our best budget gaming mouse article? Do you have anything to add to this list? What are your thoughts on wireless mice? How about our facts about individual mice? Do you have anything to add to these mice? What kind of features do you expect from mice in 2018?